Super Mario is a classic game that many of us grew up with. What wouldn’t we give to play Super Mario on our gaming consoles and experience the magic all over again? Well, that might soon be a reality again.
Nintendo is relaunching the NES console after its insane success with Pokemon GO. The NES console is THE console that we used to play Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Bubble Bobble, and more. However, this console will be a mini-version of the console and will be tweaked to keep up with the times.
“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place. The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.” – Reggie Fils-Aime, President, Nintendo of America.
While the company is yet to release the technical specifications of the NES, here’s what we know so far:
- The console will not have a cassette slot like old times. It will come with around 30 pre-installed games.
- You can connect the console to your TV using a HDMI cable.
- There might not be an external storage option or the ability to download more classics online through a portal like the PlayStore for the PlayStation series.
Another important thing to frown upon is that the game will initially be launched only in the US for now. It will be priced at $59.99 and will most likely be available in stores on November 11th, 2016.
Here is the list of games that will be available in the console:
- Balloon Fight™
- BUBBLE BOBBLE
- Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
- Donkey Kong™
- Donkey Kong Jr. ™
- DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
- Dr. Mario™
- FINAL FANTASY®
- GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
- Ice Climber™
- Kid Icarus™
- Kirby’s Adventure™
- Mario Bros. ™
- MEGA MAN® 2
- NINJA GAIDEN
- Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
- SUPER C™
- Super Mario Bros.™
- Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
- Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
- TECMO BOWL
- The Legend of Zelda™
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™
*This is a developing story. Stay with us for updates.