Circular’s Smart Ring is a wellness wearable piece of tech (a wonderfully crafted smart ring) that tracks many of your vital stats day and night. Unlike other wellness apps and gadgets on the market, its unique design and features actually provide an analysis of the data rather than just metrics and raw data so you know what you are doing in a more meaningful manner.
The ring comes with an app and provides for daily activities in the most clear, concise and insightful manner. The tech has a sleek design, is comfortable and is very discreet, unlike other gadgets that perform similar functions.
“A lot of the wearable devices that we see are too bulky, to gadget looking, lack personalization and present users with raw data without telling them how to use it. As wearable users ourselves, we wanted a device that would not only be more personal but would also use the data it found to help make recommendations for an overall healthier lifestyle,” says Cicrular’s CEO Amaury Kosman.
The ring comes with a selection of custom outer shells including choices of silver, rose gold and black colors. This enables you to wear the ring on many different occasions. It also comes in 7 different sizes ranging from US6 to US12.
- Weighs around 4 grams
- Storage (1 week of data)
- Battery life = 2 days
- Charge time = 90 minutes
It includes a 3-axis accelerometer and infrared heart rate sensor and connects to your smartphone using low-energy Bluetooth technology.
“While designing Circular, our wish was to create a device that would rather assist us in making good decisions and responding to our body signals in a healthier way rather than just something that would simply tell us how good or bad we are doing. Everyone is unique. Whether it is in terms of lifestyle, fitness, thoughts, choices, recovery, health, or sleep patterns.” – Circular.
What features does Circular’s Smart Ring have?
When paired up with its powerful iOS and Android compatible app, the wearer receives access to some very interesting and helpful customizable features.
These include, but are not limited to: –
- Alarm Clock – The ring comes with a smart, noninvasive and silent alarm clock. Circular studies the user’s sleep and smoothly wakes them up during the light sleep stage via silent vibrations. The accompanying app’s analysis includes wake up “score”, smart alarm, smart snooze, and a weekly overview.
- Sleep Tracking – Analysis of body signals during sleep to help keep track of its efficiency while helping to improve its quality. The analysis includes: sleep quality score, sleep overview, sleep metrics, sleep graphs, and actionable recommendations.
- Activity Tracking – Quantified physical activities with metrics. App analysis includes activity overview, activity metrics, activity graphs, and actionable recommendations.
- Wellness Monitoring – Monitors overall wellness and energy with day & night advanced cross analyses. This includes wellness metrics, energy score, wellness graphs, actionable recommendations.
- Alert notifications – Calendar, reminders, timer or social notifications right on the user’s finger with discreet vibrations.
- Push-button – Immediate action on the things a user does most. You can also control devices via the ring’s button.
- Streaks & badges – Users receive badges for good performance in the Circular community.
- Leaderboards – Users can share their wellness performances and feel ready to compete among the top individuals in the Circular community. This is a great feature for the more competitive of you out there!
- Customized Feed – A user’s feed displays only the recommendations correlated to the circles they have activated.
- Calendar – Quickly visualize what’s happening, add notes and make extra correlations to progress towards a goal.
- Kira – An integrated intelligent companion that delivers smart and tailor-made insights at the right time.
A final prototype of their innovation wellness gadget was finalized in 2019 and their product’s Kickstarter has just launched. If you want to get your very own early-release model, or wish to back the company financially, head over to their Kickstarter page to pre order your ring. Yay!!!!!