Dubai, UAE – September 8th, 2021 – Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, a flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced it is shipping XS2000, a pocket-sized portable SSD utilizing USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 speeds to deliver next-gen performance in a compact, external on-the-go drive.
XS2000 delivers lightning-fast transfer speeds up to 2,000MB/s giving users enhanced productivity with little interruption. XS2000 offers remarkable performance and capacities up to 2TB to offload and edit high-res images, 8K videos and large documents in a flash. The drive connects with USB Type-C® allowing content creators to easily store and access their files anywhere on a PC or mobile device. At nearly half the size of a typical portable SSD, XS2000 includes a removable ruggedised sleeve and IP55-rating4 to withstand water and dust, making it the perfect companion for on-location adventures whether you go from work to play to passion projects.
“XS2000 is purpose-built with the ultimate combination of high performance and high capacity to keep up with the content demands of consumers around the world,” said Tony Hollingsbee, SSD Business Manager, Kingston EMEA. “Plus the compact size, similar to a key fob, and added durability make this the ideal drive to keep productivity flowing for the everyday content creator to prosumer and corporate professional.”
XS2000 is available in capacities 500GB to 2TB and is backed by a limited five-year warranty5 with free technical support. For more information visit kingston.com.
XS2000 Portable SSD Features and Specifications:
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Performance: Industry-leading read/write speeds up to 2,000MB/s1.
- High-speed Capacities: Up to 2TB2 to support high resolution images, 8K videos, and large documents.
- Built for Durability: Tested to be water resistant, dust resistant4 and shockproof with an included rubber sleeve.
- Pocket-sized Portability: Small, lightweight form factor for easy, on-the-go storage.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
- Speed1: Up to 2,000MB/s read, 2,000MB/s write
- Capacities2: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Dimensions: 54 x 32.58 x 13.5mm
- Weight: 9g
- Casing Material: Metal + Plastic
- Operating temperature: 0°C~40°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C~85°C
- Warranty/Support5: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v.10.14.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +), Chrome OS™
|USB 3.2 Gen 2×2|
|Mac OS (v. 10.14.x +)||✓|
|Linux (v. 2.6.x +)||✓|
|XS2000 Portable SSD|
About Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP
Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP and Kingston Technology Company, Inc., are part of the same corporate group (“Kingston”). Kingston is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. From big data, to laptops and PCs, to IoT-based devices like smart and wearable technology, to design-in and contract manufacturing, Kingston helps deliver solutions used to live, work and play. The world’s largest PC makers and cloud-hosting companies depend on Kingston for their manufacturing needs, and our passion fuels technology used by the world every day. We strive beyond our products to see the bigger picture, to meet the needs of our customers and offer solutions that make a difference. To learn more about how Kingston Is With You, visit Kingston.com.